- Place LogSaver on head of LogSaver hammer so that the pins on the flat side of the plastic stitch fit into the groove on the hammer.
- Rotate LogSaver so that it will be inserted perpendicular to the stress crack or growth split in the log.
- Swing the hammer in a smooth motion so that the head of the hammer connects with the end of the log.
- Pull the hammer away from the end of the log.
- If the LogSaver is not completely embedded in the log, use the back side of the LogSaver hammer head to tap the LogSaver until it is flush with the end of the log.