Sikkens Cetol 23 Canada
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 23 Plus provides excellent UV protection and weather resistance to outdoor wood applications. It is the ideal topcoat for Sikkens Cetol 1 RE. In the same vein as the stain, this solution is flexible, transparent, and breathable.
Sikkens is now Sico Proluxe.
The same great Sikkens formula you know and trust, slightly different labels.
The high quality formula that is synonymous with the Sikkens name is exactly the same as before. Only the name is changing. You can be confident that the product is the same in the can regardless of whether the name is Sikkens, ProLuxe or Sico
Sikkens Cetol 23
Is a premium, translucent, exterior wood base coat to be used with Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 1 RE Wood Finish. Its superior oil alkyd formulation offers excellent penetration and adhesion to vertical wood surfaces. Sikkens Cetol 23 RE offers superior UV protection, and is highly transparent, water repellent, weather resistant, flexible, and breathable.
When used as a system, this product provides a durable, rich film that will protect from harmful UV rays and minimize peeling and blistering. The inclusion of translucent iron oxide pigments and UV absorbers gives excellent UV protection and color retention. Sikkens Cetol 1 RE Wood Finish MUST be applied to properly prepared wood as the basecoat before applying the Sikkens Proluxe Cetol 23 Plus RE Top Coat.
• May be used as the second and third coat for the Cetol 1 RE/Cetol 23 RE Plus system.
• Can be used on the following: Log Walls, Siding, Garage Doors, Outdoor Furniture, Trim, Windows, Entrance Doors, Log Homes.
• Offers excellent durability and protection for siding and other vertical surfaces.
• Cannot be used on and horizontal surfaces that may be walked on such as a Deck. Please check out Sikkens Cetol SRD if you are in need of a premium Sikkens deck stain.
Sikkens Cetol 23 Canada Key Features and Benefits
• Translucent Iron Oxide Pigments – Improved clarity and color retention; protection from graying.
• UV Absorbers – Added UV protection leads to less frequent maintenance. Contains alkyd resin with specialized UV absorbers
• Microporous – Allows the wood to breathe, minimizing peeling and blistering.
• Translucent Film Forming Finish – Durable, rich “look” with a satin sheen.
Color Visualization Tool
• You can model what your home would look like with Sikkens Cetol finishes using the Sikkens “Color Your Home” website.
• Please note that colors render differently on different computers and may not precisely match the color of your delivered stain.
Sikkens Cetol 23 Coverage Rate
• Coverage areas per coat for as follows:
• On rough and weathered surfaces, 200 – 300 sq. ft./gallon.
• On smooth surfaces or hardwoods, 400 – 500 sq ft./gallon.
• Actual coverage may vary depending on the type, age and texture of the wood and application method.
Sikkens Cetol 23 RE Colors:
• Natural Oak; Dark Oak ; Mahogany; Butternut; Cedar; Natural; Teak;
Special Shipping Note
•May not be shipped via air transit due to D.O.T. restrictions.
• Long Haired Natural Bristle Brush.
• Airless Sprayer – Use a .011”-.013” tip at 1200 – 1700 psi. Back brush immediately.
• Roller – Back brush Immediately.
• Drying Time – 24 hours minimum at 68°F and 65% relative humidity. At temperatures below 50º F (10º C) or conditions of high humidity the drying time will be extended.
• Proluxe Cetol 23 RE dries to touch in approximately 6 hours.
• Dries to recoat in 24 hours additional coat may increase these times.
• Light foot traffic after approximately 48 hours.
• Wait 7 days before using furniture.
• Low temperature, high humidity, thick films or poor ventilation will increase these times. Avoid heavy abrasions immediately following application.
Sikkens Cetol 23 Preparation Instructions
• All wood surfaces must be thoroughly clean, dry and free of dirt, grease, grime, mildew, mill glaze and previous coatings before applying Sikkens Cetol 23 RE Wood Finish.
• The best method to prepare vertical wood surfaces is to sand with 80-120 grit sandpaper. However, the following preparation may be used as an alternate to sanding.
Measured Square Footage
Take each wall and multiply length x height. Example 40' long x 10' high= 400 sq. ft.
Add each wall together 400 + 400 + 250 + 250 = 1300 sq. ft. Example 400 sq. ft. x 4= 1600 sq. ft.
For each of your gable ends (the triangles) use Base x Height/2
Example 30' x 15' = 450'/2 = 225 sq ft. Add all areas together.
Adjust for Type of Log
A round log has a different surface area than a flat timber. We must account for the curvature and size of the log so we don't end up short on stain. Select your log type
Most maintenance coats are done with one coat, often clear. If you plan to add a coat of color and a clear, feel free to ask one of our specialists for some advice.
Rough logs will take more stain than smooth logs. If your logs are rough, check off the box and it will calculate based on a rough surface.
Note: All calculations are estimated. Actual coverage will vary based on surface condition, species and moisture content.