Sikkens is now Sico Proluxe. The same great Sikkens formula you know and trust, slightly different labels.
The high quality formula that is synonymous with the Sikkens name is exactly the same as before. Only the name is changing. You can be confident that the product is the same in the can regardless of whether the name is Sikkens, ProLuxe or Sico .
Sikkens Cetol® SRD RE Wood Finish offers a non-film forming, high-quality, translucent oil-based finish for a variety of exterior wood surfaces such as logs, siding, rails, decks and deck furniture. This easy to use, one-coat formula incorporates finely ground transparent iron oxide pigments that provide a rich, natural color.
Sikkens Cetol SRD RE Recommended Uses
• Sikkens Cetol SRD RE can be used on the following: Log Walls, Siding, Garage Doors, Outdoor Furniture, Trim, Windows, Fences, Entrance Doors, Log Homes, Shakes and Shingles, and Boat Docks.
• Cetol SRD RE can be used on many species of wood such as cedar, fir, pine, spruce, and redwood.
• Cetol SRD RE is not compatible over other existing Sikkens Proluxe systems.
Sikkens Cetol SRD RE Key Features and Benefits
• Easy, One-Coat Application – Easy to Use.
• Translucent Iron Oxide Pigments – Excellent UV protection and wood grain clarity.
• Good for Decks and Siding – Multi-use product for a variety of applications.
• Highly microporous for areas subjected to high moisture.
Sikkens Cetol SRD RE Color Chart
Sikkens Cetol SRD RE Color Visualization Tool
• You can model what your home would look like with Sikkens Cetol SRD RE finishes using the Sikkens Proluxe “Color Your Home” website.
• Please note that colors render differently on different computers and may not precisely match the color of your delivered stain.
• Sample color cans are also available for purchase if you would like to test how your home will look with any particular color.
Sikkens Cetol SRD RE Coverage Rate
• Coverage areas per coat for Sikkens Cetol SRD RE as follows:
• On rough and weathered surfaces, 150-250 sq. ft./gallon.
• On smooth surfaces or hardwoods, 300-400 sq ft./gallon.
• Actual coverage may vary depending on the type, age and texture of the wood and application method.
Sikkens Cetol SRD RE Translucent Stain Colors:
• Natural Oak; Dark Oak ; Mahogany; Butternut; Cedar; Natural; Teak; Redwood
Sikkens Cetol SRD RE Shipping
• Sikkens Cetol SRD RE may not be shipped via air transit due to D.O.T. restrictions.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol SRD Application Methods
• Long Haired Natural Bristle Brush.
• Airless Sprayer – Use a .011”-.013” tip at 1200 – 1700 psi. Back brush immediately.
• Roller – Back brush Immediately.
Sikkens Proluxe Cetol SRD Dry Time
• Drying Time – 24 hours minimum at 68°F and 65% relative humidity. At temperatures below 50º F (10º C) or conditions of high humidity the drying time will be extended.
• Proluxe Cetol SRD dries to touch in approximately 6 hours.
• Wait 24 – 48 hours for light foot traffic.
• Wait 72 hours before using furniture.
• Low temperature, high humidity, thick films or poor ventilation will increase these times. Avoid heavy abrasions immediately following application.
Sikkens Cetol SRD RE Preparation Instructions
• All wood surfaces must be thoroughly clean, dry and free of dirt, grease, grime, mildew, mill glaze and previous coatings before applying Sikkens Cetol SRD RE Wood Finish.
• The best method to prepare vertical wood surfaces is to sand with 80-120 grit sandpaper. However, the following preparation may be used as an alternate to sanding.
Measured Square Footage
Take each wall and multiply length x height. Example 40' long x 10' high= 400 sq. ft.
Add each wall together 400 + 400 + 250 + 250 = 1300 sq. ft. Example 400 sq. ft. x 4= 1600 sq. ft.
For each of your gable ends (the triangles) use Base x Height/2
Example 30' x 15' = 450'/2 = 225 sq ft. Add all areas together.
Adjust for Type of Log
A round log has a different surface area than a flat timber. We must account for the curvature and size of the log so we don't end up short on stain. Select your log type
Most maintenance coats are done with one coat, often clear. If you plan to add a coat of color and a clear, feel free to ask one of our specialists for some advice.
Rough logs will take more stain than smooth logs. If your logs are rough, check off the box and it will calculate based on a rough surface.
Note: All calculations are estimated. Actual coverage will vary based on surface condition, species and moisture content.