* Very low acute mammalian toxicity
* Very low vapour pressure (Negligible loss of active ingredient by evaporation)
* Deep penetration into timber; even penetrates heartwood
* Practically odourless and non-staining
* Wider spectrum of activity than conventional preservatives.
BORACOL 20-2 BD is a clear solution of 19.6% Disodium octaborate tetrahydrate and 1.0% didecyl
dimethyl ammonium chloride in propylene glycol and water. It is designed for use as a surface treatment
in-situ building material to prevent and kill fungal attack and preserve against attack from both mould
and wood boring insects. It penetrates 3 -5mm into the wood and establishes a reserve from where
further penetration takes place (40mm in 2 years has been demonstrated). It can also be used as an
initial preventative treatment.