- Place LogDawg flat side down on head of the 4″ LogSaver hammer so that the tabs on the plate overlap the outside edge of the hammer head.
- Rotate LogDawg so that it will be inserted perpendicular to the stress crack or growth split in the log.
- Swing the hammer in a smooth motion so that the head of the hammer connects with the end of the log.
- Pull the hammer away from the end of the log. The LogDawg will remain in the end of the log.
- If the LogDawg is not completely embedded within the end of the log, use the rear hammer head to tap the LogDawg until it is flush with the end of the log.
- BEFORE PROCESSING LOGS – REMOVE LOGDAWG PLATES TO AVOID DAMAGE TO SAW BLADES & KNIVES. LOGDAWGS ARE DESIGNED TO BE EASILY REMOVED.
- A variety of common tools can be utilized to remove LogDawgs such as a Fencing Tool or a pair of Channel Lock Pliers. If using pliers, grasp one of the metal tabs on the plate, pull & roll the tool toward the center of the plate, rolling the LogDawg plate and removing it from the face of the log. It may be necessary to grasp the steel plate several times to facilitate removal.